BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Product Review - E Salon

Recently I read an article about eSalon. They are an online company comprised of professional hair colourists. All you need to do us set up an account, answer a few questions, upload a photo (optional), and they will custom blend a hair colour for you. You can even interact directly with the pros.

I looked them up and discovered that they were running a promotion. So for $4.95 (including shipping) I got my own custom-blended hair colour. Compare that to upwards of $120 in a salon or even $20 at the drugstore.

You should first know that I'm both cheap and lazy. I hate paying $60 for a haircut so I only go when absolutely necessary. I'm also too lazy to deal with roots in my hair so I rarely ever colour it. When I do, I do it at home with a temporary colour.

Through eSalon I was able to request a Demi permanent colour. I let the experts know that I have fine hair that some describe as dark blonde, and others as light brown. My hair also has a hint of red in it.

Earlier this week my product arrived.

First off; I was super impressed with the packaging. They even included a professional applicator brush:









My name is on the bottle which is to lets know that this is my hair colour, and no one else's.

I admit that I was a little nervous. And as I applied the colour and realized that it looked nothing like any previous haircolour that I've used, I grew more nervous.

Oh well, it's only hair right?

Before I took off the towel I had a vivid memory surface.  Years ago I had my hair done.  The stylist is very good and I trusted him completely with my hair (I don't see him anymore because he charges way too much for me now).  I had asked him to brighten up my hair, possibly with a "coppery-bronze look".  When he took of the towel both of our jaws dropped!  My hair had picked up all of the red in the dye and it was the same colour as Ronald McDonald's hair (maybe I'm exaggerating slightly, but only slightly).  Needless to say I was very hesitant to remove the towel.

I did and it looks great.  It's a hint darker than I like and when I re-order I will let them know to adjust the formula.  My hair feels fantastic too!  There are a few greys that are still visible, but that's okay, it makes it look more natural that way.

Well done eSalon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In addition to photos of the product,
it would have been great to see photos of your
hair before and after.

Nefarian Grey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Do you still use the eSalon colour? If not, why? Thanks.
Jan

Yuppy Mom said...

Hi Jan,

I am still using eSalon. I love that they have automatic re-order so I don't have to worry about ordering it in advance. They are very professional and even send out an e-mail before they blend your next batch in case you want to make any changes.

I even sent the link to my stylist who is very impressed with the quality.

Yuppy Mom

My Chart

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget